Saturday 27 April 2013

Seriously, that moon day was mad

Not only was Friday a Moon Day, but this week has felt 'off' because of Australia's Anzac holiday falling on a Thursday this year.

You start to have a bit of fun, and then BOOM, Friday hits you and you have to go back to work. It's like a mean trick.

On top of all that, as soon as I walked into the office on Friday, it was madness, chaos, computer explosions and flailing limbs. (I may be exaggerating just a little bit.)

Our office is largely paperless (yay!), so when computer systems go down, my life becomes really difficult (naayy). Basically, work grinds to a stand-still and I have to make a lot of excuses and apologies. After what felt like a million years (was probably an hour, tops), the system came online and I caught up on my backlog of work.

Luckily, we had something pretty awesome to look forward to after work: a Tegan and Sara concert at the Sydney Opera House!


These two homegirls are Canadian (from Calgary, so close enough to Toronto for me to call them homegirls, obviously). They're super cute, funny, down-to-earth and matter-of-fact. Steven and I absolutely fell in love with them.

Especially this moment:


At the start of a new set, Sara started singing harmony, stopped suddenly, and glanced at Tegan.

"I forgot to plug my guitar in," Tegan explained. "But your part sounded really good. Can you sing it again?"

Sara was probably giving her as much of a death stare as one sister can to another. Buuuut she fell for it! She started singing harmony again, without Tegan, while Tegan was giggling away on her corner of the stage.

See what I mean? So naturally funny, easy-going and down-to-earth! I love these girls, and I miss my sister.

Anyway, after the concert, Steven and I couldn't stop about how talented the band was. We got a couple of McDonald's sundaes (they don't serve them with peanuts here! AUSTRALIA YOU ARE MISSING THE WHOLE IDEA OF A MCDONALD'S SUNDAE!!!) and went home.

Today, I've got a yoga class to teach, and then Steven and I are off for more adventures!

2 comments:

  1. It was Moonday Thursday here...and it showed. Worst Mysore Practice Ever! Not only was I tight all over...I forgot to bring a bra, and am pretty sure I was wearing shorts that had not been washed!

    LOVE Tegan and Sara!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I feel you! Today was much better for me though. How was your practice?

    Have you seen them live? They are SOOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete