Thursday 14 March 2013

The Chatswood Library, where books are free!

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time in Chatswood in North Sydney. 

It's where one of my main yoga studios is, and it's really accessible by train from our house. 


The Chatswood Library is massive and absolutely gorgeous. It sits below the civic centre which is also connected to the performing arts centre. There is green space out front, a wide-screened TV (which plays free movies sometimes!), and restaurants and shops just down a flight of steps.


Inside, there are nearly floor-to-ceiling windows. The library goes around the central reflection pool with steel structures of "art" not captured here in the photo.

I signed up for a library card and had it sent over to my house.


I went back for my first library book today. I think I'm going to be at the library a lot. It's been far too long since I've read books all day long, so I can't wait! (Yes, I'm a nerd.)

I also picked these up from a neighbourhood grocer's a few days ago: kiwiberries! 

I forgot about them until today.



They are literally like tiny little kiwis, but you can eat the skin. They're hairless, sweet, tender, and friendly and kind. I want them to be my friends forever. 


At Chatswoods, I discovered one of my favourite fast food restaurants from now on. 

It's like Chipotle, but Australian.

They're called Salsas, and they have this great rice bowl. It's a bed of spicy rice, black beans, zucchini, broccoli and onion, salsa, and cheese. I got them to add a wad of delicious guacamole. 

I think this is something I can legitimately re-create at home, so stay tuned for deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment