Thursday 6 September 2012

Piriformis pain in the A$$!

My right butt cheek is getting a lot of attention these days.

I woke up the other day with a pretty severe piriformis pain, coming up from my hip and into my lower back. While lying flat, I could feel the tension singing through my hip, like a bee buzzing in my ear.

IT'S ANNOYING! AND IT HURTS!

So I tried all the stretches I know for the piriformis, and nothing worked!

Then, at the yoga studio, I asked some crazy lady to put her knee in my bum. She put me on a foam roller instead.

And it was good.

It was very good.

The next day, I woke up with much less pain. Already it felt like it was getting better.

So, I tried to replicate it at home with a yoga block.


*grunt* *shuffle* *grunt* *shimmy* *grunt*






"AGGHHHH I GOT IT I FOUND IT I FOUUUNDDD ITT UUGGGHHH"

Two-Two got worried.


She decided that I needed a donut to make my piriformis feel better.


Take a good look at this bad boy. Because I ate two.

Two.







Two-Two wanted a romp before dinner, so she lead the way.

When we got home, I spent some more time digging the edge of my yoga block into my hip.

All this self-treatment is starting to create some weird bruises on my bum.

So, to make me feel better, the strawberry-jam-loving boy took me for Soon Tofu. If you've never had Soon Tofu, here's what it looks like.

Like all Korean food, it starts with appetizers.


Then, you get a steamy pot of melty tofu in a luscious soup filled with green veggies.

The rice comes in a stone pot (see below).


Then, your server pours water into the hot stone pot to make a rice porridge to consume after the tofu. I never finish this part.

I find it bland compared to the yumminess of the previous parts of the meal.


And now I'm eating cereal and watching home reno shows. And possibly definitely digging a yoga block into my hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment