Saturday 4 August 2012

There is nothing wrong with cake for breakfast

I woke up sore from yesterday's easy 2 miles (stopping every 10 seconds to pee beneath a tree... yeah, I brought the dog. Longest 2 miles of my liiiiifffeeeee). I have been yearning for a non-Ashtanga non-yoga day, and feeling really guilty about it.

I ate cake for breakfast and went back to sleep.

And then I swam in the pool and forgave myself 10% for skipping Ashtanga, because at least I did something that set my breath to a regular rhythm, something where I exercised that equal measure determination, form, and meditation that Ashtanga requires.

Plus, swimming gives you this, "That was good for you," feeling.

Let's take that up to 15% forgiven.

After my swim, even my hips and legs felt looser, like I stretched them even though I didn't.

On a completely different note, I bought these babies a few days ago. 


I had hoped to insult Jenbeans with this purchase. Maybe she'd see store-bought burgers as an insult to her culinary expertise. And proceed to make some AMAZING new gourmet veggie burger.

No such luck.

She thought it was a great idea. *sigh*



We fried them up tonight. Jen-sister made her own delicious olive pita, I made tzaziki and corn slaw. And it was delicious.


What are you eating for dinner tonight?

1 comment:

  1. he he.... anything in which i don't have to cook after a long day at the lab will always be a good idea.... maybe except 2-2's food

    ReplyDelete